Ok…so here is what has occurred in our daily happening in the past few weeks that I thought you may just want to know about.
1. We had a garage sale this past saturday and did pretty well. The best part is we got rid of lots of stuff that was overwhelming our garage. It’s amazing what people buy, but even more crazy as to what they don’t buy. For example, I was trying to sell one of those three panel screened frame things, you know the ones they sell for like $100. It’s not that I don’t like it, I love it, but we just don’t have room and it was handed down to us and it is a honey color instead of the cherry color. Well, anywho, I was trying to sell it for $25 and no one wanted it. Instead they buy the ugly green chairs for $10. The good thing is most of my shoes and clothes sold and we came out richer and with fewer boxes in our home.
2. Crazy kid has begun talking up a storm. Well, he’s been a talker from the begining but now he speaks in full on phrases and sentences. Of course sometimes he says stuff and I’m still like, “huh?” But for the most part I understand him. Crazy husband still has a hard time. I am going to need to start writing down the funny things he says and post them so you can roll your eyes and sweetly smile as I continue to believe that my kid is the cutest/funniest/smartest/sweetest kid ever.
3. Big Harrah…I have been feeling…better. Some. Not so green. More of light green. Not always. But mostly. The end is near. I hope. I pray. I believe. It turns out that last week when I had that really bad day, a few days later I had another really bad day. And then, a bright light shone upon my head. Or was it a light bulb? Well, either way it occurred to me that on those days I ate eggs. And then I came to find that most days I felt bad I ate eggs for breakfast. Hmmm…So my hypothesis is that eggs = sick as a dog. I stopped eating eggs. Feeling better. Here I was trying to get some kind of protein in me and my body was like, “What the heck!” So no more eggs for me.
4. We are going on vacation. Vacating. Get away. Far, far away. So long, farewell, Alv…whatever. My greatest NEED was met. My hubs, being the sweet, good to me and very smart man that he is said “I know you need to get away so lets take a trip. Book it!” Yea. So in exactly one month we will be beach hopping all along the Floridian Coast. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Springs. Sunny Florida here we come. Bring on the beautiful, sun kissed tan and virgin pina coladas!
5. Beautiful baby is growing. I can tell because nothing fits. NOTHING. I am in the horrible awkward stage where I don’t necessarily look pregnant just fat. I need to get one of those t-shirts that says “Not fat. Pregnant.” Maybe I should just get a sign. I know it’s just my own self conciousness (yeah right) but every where I go I just want to make the announcement- “Ladies and Gentlemen, please know that my stomach is not usually this bulgy/big/fat. I am pregnant. Wait a few more weeks and you will be able to see that I am telling the truth. I would stick it in if I could, but I can’t. I’m trying to…see…but, yeah it ain’t going in. Thank you. Oh, and when you can finally see that it is not fat, but in fact a baby…please don’t touch it unless I can touch yours. Thank you.”